Saturday, March 20, 2010

Websites

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it."

-Julia Child


My thoughts exactly.

Since I've decided to share a quote, I might as well make this a genuine post and talk about two of my all-time favorite food related websites.

Foodgawker is a collection of some of the most beautifully photographed food I've ever seen, along with links to the recipes. Although, now that I'm thinking about Julia’s quote up there, I can't help but think about someone touching all over that delicious food. I've found quite a few gems on the site, many of which you'll probably see here at some point. 
http://foodgawker.com/

Which brings us now to Cake Wrecks. This wonderful blog showcases the most absolutely horrible cakes ever to be baked and iced. As Jen, the author, describes it, “A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it”. Though the Cake Wrecks are the main attraction of the site, often there are posts of outstandingly beautiful baked goods, such as the current Alice in Wonderland theme.
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment